#73. A wonderful husband - October 2012

 I had the operation on Wednesday morning, and on Saturday morning  I was able to come home, which I was very ready to do.  I wanted to sleep in my own bed, and be in a quiet environment to recuperate.  They gave me my pain medication just before I left, and so the ride home was not too bad, and I could crawl into bed as soon as I walked in the door.  Literally, since my husband had brought a bed down from upstairs and set it up in the living room, so I would not have to do any stairs.

He has been taking care of me all day.  He is so sympathetic, he knows how much this hurts because he has had a nephrectomy, and he is very encouraging about how well I am doing.  He is bringing me things to drink, and making sure I don’t have to bend over to pick things up, and asking me if I need anything.

We were sitting watching the world series baseball game this evening when he turned and said to me, “I don’t want you to think about donating any other parts of your body.  That’s it!”  And I told him that I had every intention of keeping all the rest of my body, and I said how much I appreciated that he had let me do this.  I really wanted to donate, and he had not stood in my way, and has been very supportive.  That’s the type of guy he is, and I am very thankful for him. He is a wonderful husband!

 Tonight was an evening of thankfulness, just being together, being able to be in a warm house, and eat a tasty meal that some friends had dropped off for us, and to have the operation behind us.  And good pain medication!  When I take the pills they prescribe, I am really in no major discomfort.